Fiber Optics is becoming an increasingly popular medium of transmitting data. The things that most people talk about, with Fiber Optics, is the express speed at which data is transmitted. When compared with conventional methods, this is a huge rise. The reason for this enhanced speed is because Fiber Optic technology makes use of light instead of electricity while sending information.
FTTH makes use of Fiber Optic technology to enhance communication for households. FTTH stands for Fiber to the Home, and many experts believe that FTTH cable will soon replace the traditional copper cables. There are various other elements of FTTH. FTTH drop cable is generally also known as indoor cable. Other elements of the technology include instrumentation cables and cable glands.
Why FTTH is becoming desirable is because it delivers high speed broadband to households. It integrates voice, video, and data. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of this upcoming technology:
1. Internet Speed: One of the biggest advantages of FTTH is the improved internet speed. Internet is continuously becoming the backbone of most communications, around the world. Whether people want to stream videos, download files, or even have video-chats – internet speed is the deciding factor. By enhancing the internet speeds that ftth fiber cable people received, FTTH is making it possible for people to stay in touch. Moreover, an increasing number of people are working from home; and faster internet speeds help them stay connected at all times.
2. Technology: When we consider the traditional copper, they make use of analog lines that generate signal through the connected telephone device. As the description suggests, this technology is less defined, especially when you compare that with Fiber Optic.
3. Upcoming Applications: There are various new applications coming up for FTTH. Hence, by having FTTH – households stay connected with the latest in technology.
4. Vendors: It is easy to find vendors for Fiber to the Home, and that is another benefit of having this all new technology.
1. The only disadvantage of having FTTH cable is the cost associated with having the cable and having it installed. Many households might not be able to afford the same. However, there is another concept called Fiber to the Premises (FTTP), which brings Fiber to a particular locality. That is cheaper to be installed as compared to Fiber to the Home (FTTH).
In short, FTTH cable is transforming the way we communicated in the past; and it will soon become the norm.